L4T Debian Packages Installation

Can I add packages to the l4t_deb_packages/ directory under nv_tegra/ and then run nv-apply-debs or apply-binaries script to include them and execute the flash script so that these packages would be installed at the time of flashing only?

I think that’s theoretically possible, but you have to make sure all the dependencies of the packages you are going to install are also met, or it will still fail while apply_binaries.sh is being run.

i tried including a single package that doesn’t have any dependencies and then proceeded. the flash was successful but the system is stuck while booting with a pop-up displaying the system clock is wrong

I don’t feel like that’s related.
I don’t know what package you are installing so I cannot comment much.

So you still got into the Ubuntu desktop GUI?
Do you have a screenshot?

No i didn’t get a GUI.

“The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.Please change your input timing to 1920x1200@60Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per monitor specification"

What package did you add?

ubuntu-fan_0.12.13_all.deb

Does it work if you install this package after flashing?
I’m not sure if it’s compatible with Jetson.
For adjusting fan speed, you should use nvfancontrol that comes with the L4T BSP.

yes it works after flashing

You may also try customizing rootfs:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r35.4.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/RootFileSystem.html

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.