L4t Kernel version mismatch

Hi everyone
I have an issue that i hope you help me to go though it.

I have jetson tx2 racecar with environment:
NVIDIA Jetson TX2
L4T 32.2.1 [ JetPack 4.2.2 ]
Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Kernel Version: 4.9.140-tegra
CUDA 10.0.326
CUDA Architecture: 6.2
OpenCV version: 3.4.0
OpenCV Cuda: YES
CUDNN: 7.5.0.56
TensorRT: 5.1.6.1
Vision Works: 1.6.0.500n
VPI: NOT_INSTALLED
Vulcan: 1.1.70

I want to build the kernel again, I used the instruction in this site GitHub - jetsonhacks/buildJetsonTX2Kernel: Build the NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Kernel on the device itself

but is gives me an error as shown in the figure bellow

I hope I pass this problem as soon as possible

The tool from jetsonhacks are not maintained by NVIDIA. They are not our official tool but provided other dedicated developer.

Thus, I have no idea about the error from this tool.

If you want to build kernel, please follow our developer guide → kernel customization.

Just an added note: You can find L4T version via “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release”. When a Jetson is flashed using JetPack/SDK Manager, it is actually L4T which gets flashed (which is in turn just Ubuntu with added NVIDIA drivers). Each L4T release has some incompatible software versus other L4T releases, and thus you cannot mix two releases. In this case it appears the operating system kernel differs between those two releases, and thus you’d have to flash to the newer release if you wish to use that kernel, but chances are there are alternatives.

Btw, the listing of L4T releases is here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/linux-tegra

If you were to then go to a release such as R32.3.1, then you’d find the JetPack/SDKM release which flashes that particular L4T release. However, you can use the most recent version 4.x of JetPack/SDKM, and start with:
sdkmanager --archivedversions
(this will allow you to select an older L4T release, though I’m not sure if it goes back that far)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.