Label field of continuation line is not blank

Hi, Guys,

I am really in trouble with the beginning of using the PGI. When I use the example from the PGI documentation

Program Hello
Print *, “Hello World!”
End Program Hello

then I save this fortran file to c:/weiwang/hello.f then I went to the GPI to run it by pgfortran c:/weiwang/hello.f
Then the errors are listed below.
PGF90-S-0021-label field of continuation line is not blank(C:/weiwang/hello.f:2)
PGF90-S-0021-label field of continuation line is not blank(C:/weiwang/hello.f:3)
PGF90-S-0021-label field of continuation line is not blank(C:/weiwang/hello.f:4)

I will really appreciate if some persons can help me.

Wei

Hi Wei Wang,

The default for files with the “.f” extension is to use Fixed format. Your program is written in Free format. Please use the “-Mfree” flag or change your file extension to “.f90”.

For further details, please see the PGI User’s Guide Chapter 1 “Filename Conventions”.

Hope this helps,
Mat

Thanks for your responding. I am really newer for this software and Fortran. how to change the the .f to f90. I use the rename,but it does not work.

And do you think that PGI can be used as the Abaqus Fortran compiler? It does not work in my computer.

Thanks so much!

Wei

Hi Wei,

I use the rename,but it does not work

I’m guessing your using the bash shell environment? In that case, use the “mv” command.

Though, if you are more familiar with DOS, you may wish to use the pre-configured DOS cmd for use with PGI. You can find this from “Start->All Programs->PGI Workstation->Command Shells 11.5->PGI Cmd (64)” or “Start->All Programs->PGI Visual Fortran->Command Shells->PVF 2011 Cmd (64)”. The exact PGI version may be different.

And do you think that PGI can be used as the Abaqus Fortran compiler?

According to their website, they only support Intel Visual Fortran 10.0 and 11.0. Though you should send them a note asking if PGI can be used as well.

• Mat

Dear Mat,

Let me try.

Thanks so much!

Wei