LAN7430 compatibility

Hi,
I need help with the LAN7430 chip. I have Jetson nano baseboard and I would like to use my own card with key E connector.

So… why this IC. Because of price, and future compatibility with PCIe 3.1 devices, also we hope in long term support

Yesterday I backported the driver for LAN7430 to the kernel 4.9.140 that Jetson uses (because support for this IC is as i know from kernel 5.0). I am able to compile and load the image into jetson, device normally boot as always.
I can see driver and module in /lib/modules/4.9.140-tegra/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/microchip as lan743x.ko.

If i use command zcat /proc/config.gz
i can found see this line: CONFIG_NA743x=y

Unfortunately I don’t see anything with use lspci -vv except NVIDIA Bridge and Realtek ETH, dmesg is also clean.

We are using this schematic copied 1:1 (without EEPROM side):

My opinion is this must work. I have Intel wifi card for KEY E and it works fine. So i checked Intel pinout and compare it to pinout on my card. No differences.
All voltages are correct, clock is ok, so I’m very tired at this moment and i found this thread as my last chance to know something new, what can help me.

I will be glad for any tips.
Best regards,
Ales Ryska

Hi,

1. Please share dmesg and lspci output.
  2. In schematics I see that “PCIe edge connector” is designed as PCIe CEM gold finger connector. Which M.2 to CEM adapter are you using here?
  3. Please verify multiple known PCIe AIC + “M.2 to CEM adapter” on Jetson Nano.
    - This is to ensure that “M.2 to CEM adapter” works fine.
  4. Please verify LAN7430 card + “M.2 to CEM adapter” on any x86 host machine.
    - This is to ensure that LAN7430 card works fine with “M.2 to CEM adapter”.

Thanks,
Manikanta

Hi,
lspci:
00:02.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0faf (rev a1)
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)

dmesg

We are using PCIe, KEY-E pinout on custom card (which uses most of nvme wifi cards).

For adapter and other thing for verify on x86 i mus wait few days.

Best regards,
Ales Ryska

Hi,

I am not able to access link [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0 [ 0.000000] Linux v - Pastebin.com.

We are using PCIe, KEY-E pinout on custom card (which uses most of nvme wifi cards).

I don’t understand this setup completely. Can you list down all the components/boards involved and their connections. If possible attach the picture of the setup.

In lspci output I don’t see LAN7430, so PCIe link up failed. For link up, we need PERST#, REFCLK differential pair signals. Have you checked if these signals are reaching to LAN7430?

Let me know once you verify this setup on x86.

Thanks,
Manikanta

does it works?

Hi, Do you mind to share how to port the driver from the newer linux kernel to 4.9 Tegra? I am also using LAN7430 in my design.

Thanks!

1 Like