Large amounts of information dumped to syslog and kern.log when using entron cameras

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

When I use the SAL layer with Entron cameras with the following parameters:
“interface=csi-gh,camera-name=F008A030BM0A_24BIT_RGGB,output-format=processed,link=1”

I see large amounts of text dumped to
sample_kern.log (72.0 KB)
/var/log/kern.log

Attached are some sample outputs. The camera still works, but the hard drive eventually runs out of space. I can set up logrotate to mask the issue, but I want to know the root cause of this.

Dear @ylin1,
Could you provide reproducible steps ?

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV

Unfortunately the issue only happens sometimes so I don’t have a way to reproduce the problem reliably. I did attach a sample of what got dumped to kern.log though so if anyone who can parse the log can provide any insight, that would be very helpful.

Hi @ylin1 ,

Please see if Kernel warning "jump label: negative count" helps on the problem. Thanks.

Thanks @VickNV , will follow up after testing it out

I saw your kernel log is from Xavier B.
just curious if this issue is also on Xavier A or camera module other than the Entron one?
Thanks.

Yes, same issue also occurs on xavier a from time to time. we are using Sekonix cameras for xavier a. an example parameter for one of them is
"interface=csi-a,camera-name=SF3324,output-format=processed,link=3"
I don’t have a kernel dump handy right now though. I can keep an eye out for when this happens next time on XavierA if you want more data

I asked because the issue had a higher reproducing rate on Xavier B when we looked into it in the other topic.
You can try if the fix helps on your problem here. Thanks.

Hi, @VickNV

I am able to recompile the kernel following the instructions here. It’s not entirely clear to me though how to flash the new kernel from the documentation. Do I just flash via SDK manager?. Here’s the /lib/modules after following the instructions btw:

yclin@OR-LIN-6CW:~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.0_SDK_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs/lib/modules$ ls 4.14.150-rt67-tegra 4.14.150-tegra

the one named 4.14.150-rt67-tegra is what I built. So it looks like if I flash the targetfs verbatim, I will end up with two versions of the kernel. Is that what the depmod -a in the last step of the instructions is about?

Yes, you should just flash it with SDK Manager. Did you see any problem?

no problem flashing with the SDK manag. I was able to flash and uname -a shows the correct kernel version. Thanks.

I did some reboot tests, and the syslog/kern.log problem seems to have been fixed out of the 20/20 times I tested.

Thanks for letting us know. hope it solves the problem.