Latency increase after Image tearing fix

Hi,
I have an application that is rendering frames on gtkgl area. I want that gtk app to run on fullscreen(1920x1080), So for that I used xrandr also there is one requirement that we should remove all the stock icons , title bar from ubuntu os So for doing that we used openbox and we are able to do that also, but we faced an issue where we are getting image tearing, In order to fix that we followed one of the posts “openlGL fullscreen 'tearing' - #10 by hoanganhv1svm” (Option “ForceFullCompositionPipeline” “on”) But by applying this patch we found out that latency has increased significantly what can be done to fix this. We want to fix image tearing issue but at same point we don’t want that latency should go high

Thankyou

10 Likes

Hi,
The latest release for Jetson Nano is Jetpack 4.6.3. If you use previous release, may upgrade to latest release and try again. Please execute sudo jetson_clocks to enable GPU engine at maximum clock.

If the issue still persists, please adopt the solution

2 Likes

Hi DaneLLL
After Updating to Jetpack 4.6.3 also, I’m getting image tearing issues and this is only the case in Openbox in unity, it’s working fine

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.