Latest NVidia Driver Installed from RHEL8 Repos, can't run nvidia-smi

As the subject states. I followed these directions very carefully, having already successfully installed drivers to a Dell R840 (A4000) and an XPS workstation (RTX 3060TI) workstation.

As you can see, the card is detected and the drivers are installed. The only thing that failed during the installation was something related to nsight when installing cuda.

I don’t even know where to begin troubleshooting this - can someone please point me in the right direction. IT guy stretched thin over here, intermediate in Linux aptitude. Thanks in advance - J

edit: adding HW info. This is running on an ASUS X99-E with an Intel i7-5930K and 32GB of RAM. Fresh installation of RHEL8.8, which is the same distro as the successful install on the R840.

** crickets **

Well, turns out this was simply related to secure boot being enabled. As soon as I disabled secure boot, the command ran. For those of you in DoD hell like me, you’ll prob need to perma poam that one. Hope this helps someone else from going down endless troubleshooting rabit holes.