launch failed. Binary not found.

I have imported an existing Cmake project in nsight using these steps:

1. File > New > Makefile Project with Existing Code.
  2. Produced the make file using cmake command.
  3. Project > Build Project

The project was successfully build, and the executable file was created in the project directory.
I have executed the project using command line and it was successful.

Now when i try to run the executable using nsight run > run_as_local_application. It isn’t able to locate the executable file and prompt me the above error.

In order to explicitly specify the path to executable, i added the path at properties > Run/Debug settings > New > C/C++ application.

But still it isn’t able to locate the executable file, though the building process successfully produce the executable file in the project folder.

Okay, so now i am able to execute it but every time i have to manually go to Run As > Run Configuration > C/C++ Application > project_name > RUN.

How can i set this settings to be a default behavior so that whenever i want to execute it, i just have to Run as > Local C/C++ Application ?

Can you try selecting the correct Binary parser from the project property page?

Right click on the project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Binary Parsers > Select the one applicable.

Hello, I got quite them same problem with Nsight version 10.0. What was the solution for that?

It worked for me with Run As > Run Configuration > C/C++ Application > project_name > RUN.
But I could not find this path with my Nsight: project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Binary Parsers > Select the one applicable