LGD2.3 Connection error detected communicating with target application

Hello,

I’m using LGD version 2.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 with GTX 1050 Ti, driver version 390.48, LG_mode x64, Intel platform.

LGD work fine, no error message on terminal(console). Ssh-server ssh-client installed.

But i can’t interact with my own application : if i click on my application or hit a key, i receive systematically this error message:

Connection error detected communicating with target application. Shutting down connection.

My application get closed.

Before my application start, i get no error with ssh-server:
[Status] Connecting localhost:22 …
[Status] localhost is connected.
[Status] Remote debugger has been installed successfully.

On console, i get no error too.

Any idea how to workaround this issue?

Thx !

Hi olivier.nivoix,

What did you mean by "But i can’t interact with my own application : if i click on my application or hit a key, i receive systematically this error message:

Connection error detected communicating with target application. Shutting down connection." ?

It happened when application is paused and captured? Could you please provide detailed reproduce steps?

Btw, Ubuntu 18.04 is not officially supported, that might be the cause as well.

Could it be the same issue than with https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1033087/linux-graphics-debugger/segmentation-fault-core-dumped-/ (i.e. app running “too fast”) ?

The LGD program itself works very well.

When I launch my application (to study it with the debugger) I can not interact with it.
Before I capture a frame, if I click in the window of my application or if I press a key when my application has the focus, I have directly the error :

Connection error detected communicating with target application. Shutting down connection.

If I capture a frame, the application is paused and I can click where I want.

BUT:

I did tests with Ubuntu 18.04.

If I run LGD v2.2 I have the same error. Connection error detected …

If I run LGD v2.3 with Ubuntu 16.04 I no longer have this problem with my application. Everything works perfectly.

So : the assumption of codym_nv was correct:
“Ubuntu 18.04 is not officially supported, which may be the cause as well”

Thank you all for your quick answers.

Hi,

Just say that everything is working now on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with driver 390.48.
(with the same application that indicated errors on 05/07/2018)

Ubuntu’s update ?

Post closed.