Libargus application doesn't produce images

Hi! I’m having a little bit of trouble with a libargus application I’m coding up. I’ve attempted to follow the pattern used in the /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/argus/samples/directory, but the code does not produce any images, and I’m sort of at a loss for what to do to make it produce images.

I am trying to create two image producers, one for each camera on my Jetson. Correspondingly, I create two consumers, attach one to each producer, then attempt to draw images from them. But when I try to call acquireImage()on those two IFrameConsumers (line 134), the application hangs. Not only that, but it appears to take up gobs of memory, and if left long enough it consumes all of RAM.

I’ve tried to follow the conventions of the sample code as best as possible by initializing all of my objects where the sample code does, to no avail. I cannot find documentation about what might be going wrong, so I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction, at least towards some documentation I could read about acquireImage()and IFrameConsumers.

Attached is the libargus application. It is also a ROS node, but that is a secondary detail and doesn’t affect the code much (as far as I can tell).

mipi_libargus_driver.cpp (12.1 KB)

Do you run the sample code on ROS have problem? How about running without ROS?

At long last I got the sample code running without ROS. I will update when I get it working with ROS, or if I cannot.

Update: I got the oneShot tutorial to run in the ROS environment. Will try to have it publish the image via conversion with OpenCV. If this works, then I will attempt to use one of the Thread samples in ROS.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.