Libc.so.6: version ‘GLIBC_2.28’ not fount

I want to install gitlab for arm64 in jetson, but it prompts libc.so.6: version ‘GLIBC_2.28’ not fount, how should I solve it, since it is very risky to modify libc, can I upgrade to a new version of glibc in future versions

On an older Jetson I run this command and show its results:

# ldconfig -p | grep -i libc.so.6
        libc.so.6 (libc6,AArch64, OS ABI: Linux 3.7.0) => /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

# dpkg -S /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 
libc6:arm64: /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

# dpkg -l | egrep -i 'libc6.*'
ii  libc6:arm64                                 2.27-3ubuntu1.2                            arm64        GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dbg:arm64                             2.27-3ubuntu1.2                            arm64        GNU C Library: detached debugging symbols
ii  libc6-dev:arm64                             2.27-3ubuntu1.2                            arm64        GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files

# ldd --version
ldd (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.27-3ubuntu1.2) 2.27
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

Basically, the Jetson is one release out of spec. I’m guessing that software was designed for Ubuntu 20.04, not 18.04. There are ways to dual install two linkers and two libc6, but you are correct that it is difficult and dangerous (and lots of trial and error). Mostly I think you’d end up compiling and installing from source, and this is not trivial. Is there any chance this newer software has an older release?

Conversely, I don’t know when it comes out (“soonish”?), but the next major flash software release would use and install Ubuntu 20.04. If you can wait, then it might simplify life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.