Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
- Configure one of the DeepStream reference/test apps to make use of gst-nvdsmsgbroker in order to send messages to a Kafka topic (after creating the topic in Kafka first and making sure it’s up and running, of course)
- Run the application (making sure payloads are being generated and sent to the plugin)
- Note no errors, but nothing appears in topic
I’m using the reference “deepstream-app” application for this.
I’ve also put in nvds_log entries into the library as well as putting some g_print statements into the gst-nvdsmsgbroker plugin and it bears out what I said: All appropriate async send code is sent, but the Kafka client never calls back to the callback passed in by gst-nvdsmsgbroker. I’ve set the nvds log level to DEBUG and it doesn’t show any errors, either.
In other words, rd_kafka_producev is called and returns just fine, but the callback that’s passed in is never used, and no events show up in the specified Kafka topic.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.