license went belly up!

I compiled a library with pgf90 some time ago. I did not use a trial distribution. I have fully licensed PGI. Yesterday, none of the codes I have compiled with this library would run. I got the error message: “EXECUTABLE EXPIRED - This executable was created using a Trial version of PGI software. The PGI Software and derived executables cease to function and cannot be used after the conclusion of the Trial testing period.” Any ideas about what might have happened? How to convince pgf90 that this library is OK?

One possibly related note: I had to set up a server for a completely unrelated set of software. Did it wrong and it blocked the PGI license server, so for a while, I couldn’t even compile new code. Deleted the server code, put it back in the right way, and then I could compile again. But the other problem with the library still remains.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Hi cablesb,

Somehow you must have accidentally built at least one object in the library with a trial license since there is no other method by which this message would appear. The expiration code is embedded in the objects themselves and no external license check is performed. The only way to remove the expiration code is to rebuild those trial built objects using a permanent license.

One possibly related note: I had to set up a server for a completely unrelated set of software. Did it wrong and it blocked the PGI license server, so for a while, I couldn’t even compile new code

Possible if you had built the library during this time frame and accidentally used a trial license.

Depending on the software, you might be able to set-up the license server to handle both sets of licenses. Please contact PGI Customer Service (trs@pgroup.com) for more detailed help.

Best Regards,
Mat