Licenses and upgrade

Hi all,

I’m coming back with PGI after a while, and I’ve got into a licensing problem. I think it would be quite simple (at least to answer) problem, so here it goes:

I have a license that I know works with PGI old versions. Specifically 5.2, which is the version I used in the past.

Now I’ve built up a new Linux cluster (based Ubuntu 8.04) and I’m trying to setup PGI on it. My Operating System is too new and is not supported with the old version of PGI I was used to, so I decided to move on and try upgrading it (to latest version 8.0.6 which supports Ubuntu 8). The problem is that it recognises my license as invalid.

Is the license version-bounded? or should a valid license work with newer versions? If so, is there any upgrade/conversion I should do to the license?

Thanks in advance for your help,
jlcruz

Hi jlcruz,

PGI licenses are for a a particular version. They also work for all prior versions but not future versions. If you have a PGI subscription, you are entitled to all upgrades and simply need to regenerate your license for the current compiler version. If not on subscription, then please send a note to sales@pgroup.com and our sales department would be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Mat

Thanks for your quick response. At least now I know it is an administrative issue… I was driving crazy thinking it was a technical problem in my side.