Line interleaved HDR in Jetson Nano

Hi,

I am working with the AR0239 sensor in the Jetson Nano, and so far I’m able to stream video from the sensor using the Argus library. Now I’m wondering if I can make the interleaved HDR mode in the sensor to work with the Jetson Nano.

This figure represents the output data format for a frame packet when the interleaved mode is enabled:

One output line has 3 active data rows for 3 exposures, so the CSI and/or ISP have to be aware of this to decode the embedded frames correctly.

Based in this post from 2017, it seems the interleaved mode isn’t supported by the ISP:

• Is this still the case? Or if it’s now supported, is there an example in the kernel sources?

• If the Nano ISP is not capable to merge the 3 exposures, is the CSI-VI-ISP pipeline at least capable to extract and process the 3 embedded exposures from the interleaved format so they can be later merged using software?

Thanks in advance.

About my second question:

If the Nano ISP is not capable to merge the 3 exposures, is the CSI-VI-ISP pipeline at least capable to extract and process the 3 embedded exposures from the interleaved format so they can be later merged using software?

I triplicated the line length for the 3-exposure HDR mode in AR0239, and it seems I’m getting frames with interleaved lines from the different exposures, so the data is extracted from the frame packets and can be seen as video output.

However, I still would like to know if the merge part can be done in the ISP or no.

Hi,
Nano/TX1 T210 chip ISP HW didn’t support it.

Hi Shane,

So, is that still the case? Or is it supported now?

Sorry, still not support it. I would suggest to use other platform like NX or TX2

1 Like

Thank you @ShaneCCC. Is the TX2 NX module capable of handling the de-interleaving of the format that I presented in the image above? If so, are there any code examples? How are the embedded frames obtained using the argus API?
Also, is the TX2 NX ISP capable of merging the de-interleaved frames to produce HDR video? If so, are there any code examples?

I made this last question in a new topic for TX2:

I am not clear if the de-interleaving HDR, however current camera ISP driver only support DOL-WDR and PWL-WDR you can reference to IMX274(DOL-WDR) and IMX185(PWL).
Also the output frame already merge two exposure frame as one frame already don’t need any post process.

You should be able find some information from programing guide.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/camera_sensor_prog.html#wwpID0E0FB0HA

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.