Link with nvxio to use loadimagefromfile [Beginner Questions]

Hi there,

i am learning to do things with openvx and during the learning some questions popped up. I am Using VisionWorks 1.6 and understand that NVXIO was split up to OVX and NVX.

1. I would like to use nvxio::loadimagefromfile as mentioned in the documentation, but I can not find NVX or OVX header and libs in /usr/. I also installed the samples which generate static version. But when linking to them I get this error:
VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/libs/aarch64/linux/release/libnvx.a(GStreamerVideoFrameSourceImpl.o): undefined reference to symbol 'g_type_check_instance_cast'
//usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

which looks to me like I got the order of libraries wrong, but I couldn’t fix it. Is there a proper way and/or documentation on how to use NVX and OVX or how to install it properly?

1. i would like to use nvxcuScaleImage to scale images fast, it takes nvxcu_image_t. Is there a way to convert vx_image to nvxcu_image_t or can I use the result of loadimagefromfile (couldn’t test because of problems above).

2. I would like to write image files to disk. The only way I found in the documentation is using an opencv mat and imwrite. Is there a way in VisionWorks to write images to disk?

Hi lassebk,
Looks like you do not install gstreamer-related packages. Do you install VisionWorks 1.6 via Jetpack?

Yes I used Jetpack 3.0 and haven’t updated to 3.1 yet.

Hi,

1. You can check this topic to learn how to link to VisionWork’ libraries:
    https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1016273/jetson-tx2/visionworks-linking-problem/post/5179211/#5179211

2. Please check nvxio::loadImageFromFile(…). It also supports CUDA frameSource interface. (nvxcu_xxx)

3. Please check ovxio::createImageRender.

Thanks.