Linker error building VPI 2.0 samples on JetPack 5.0

I have a Xavier NX developer kit running the JetPack 5.0 preview.
I added the r34.1 jetson apt repo to get access to VPI and other packages, then installed vpi2-dev (2.0.14) and vpi2-samples.
I am getting linker errors compiling any sample. Here is an example with sample 05-benchmark.

[ 50%] Linking CXX executable vpi_sample_05_benchmark
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/nvidia/vpi2/lib64/priv/libcupva_host.so: undefined reference to `PvaProgramSetBarrierFlag'
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/nvidia/vpi2/lib64/priv/libcupva_host_utils.so: undefined reference to `PvaProgramAddSignalSyncObj'
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/nvidia/vpi2/lib64/priv/libcupva_host.so: undefined reference to `PvaProgramAddPreFences'
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/nvidia/vpi2/lib64/priv/libcupva_host.so: undefined reference to `PvaProgramSetL2Allocation'
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/nvidia/vpi2/lib64/priv/libcupva_host_utils.so: undefined reference to `PvaQueueSubmit'
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/nvidia/vpi2/lib64/priv/libcupva_host.so: undefined reference to `PvaProgramClearFences'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/vpi_sample_05_benchmark.dir/build.make:85: vpi_sample_05_benchmark] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:76: CMakeFiles/vpi_sample_05_benchmark.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

Which library defines these symbols? Thank you.

Hi,

Could you install nvidia-vpi and try it again?

$ sudo apt install nvidia-vpi

Thanks.

That did not work. nvidia-vpi is just some meta package with barely any files. I installed nvidia-vpi_5.0.1-b118_arm64.deb from Index.

version mismatch to cause the problem, issue resolved

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.