Linux driver: reported # cores and memory is wrong?

Hi all,

I’m running Ubuntu 10.10 (x64) with the 270.27 driver. I’ve got a GTX 470 from EVGA with an advertised memory of 1280 MB (with a 320 bit interface) and 448 CUDA cores. However, when I go to the NVIDIA X Server settings, I get a very different spec listing: 1024 MB memory (256 bit interface), with 352 CUDA cores (see attached screenshot).

I’d like to take EVGA at their word and assume that their specs are accurate. But that would mean the Linux driver is either not taking advantage of the hardware that is there, or it is just not reporting accurately. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Can anyone shed some light on what is going on here and how to correct it?

Thanks,

Jake

The # of CUDA cores and memory configuration you see is exactly what you would expect for a GTX 465, not a GTX 470. I’m not aware of any driver bugs that would cause that kind of misreporting.

Where did you get this card from? I’d ask EVGA if they have seen this problem with this driver, and hope this isn’t some kind of clever grey-market scam.

The card is an RMA replacement directly from EVGA (first one was DOA). I’ve opened a support ticket with EVGA and will hopefully hear back so I can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your response.

OK, then perhaps this is a bizarre mixup between circuit boards at the factory. :)

Let us know what explanation turns out to be.