Linux GUI start up problem on Dual Boot System

Using Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 on Dell XPS 8900 i7-6700
Dual booting Fedora 31 and Windows 10 each on its own hard drive.
Problem completing boot to GUI on Fedora, get blank screen. Keyboard unresponsive so cannot get to a TTY.
Perform hard shutdown and boot into Win10 then restart machine from Win 10 and boot Fedora satisfactorily with no problem, and machine will run for days. Any updates and rebooting into fedora with no problem but if machine is Shutdown then problem reoccurs and I have to boot into Windows first, and restart from there without shutting down and I’m able to boot into Fedora ok.
I tried using PopOS and got the same problem although I was able to get to a tty and use the system and perform a clean shutdown but still had to use Windows 10 first to get the Linux system GUI up and running.
I am using the latest Nvidia driver 440.36
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (81.8 KB)

Can you ssh into the system when hitting the blank screen?

Yes I can but cannot I login, permission denied.
However using Gnome files I can sftp into the machine and see and open files from there.

So at least it’s not completely frozen. If possible, configure sshd so you can log in and create a new nvidia-bug-report.log since the one you created after reboot doesn’t show anything but the Xserver not being started.

Thanks for your help so far.
It took a some time to figure out how to use ssh.
Here is a new nvidia-bug-report.
This time I was able to boot to a log in screen but then I got a blank screen and couldn’t do anything.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (77.6 MB)

There seems to be a severe problem with the integrated WiFi card (Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:b723]) on cold boot, the log you provided is 1.8GB in size, flooded with errors:

[  564.826795] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: Corrected error received: 0000:00:1c.0
[  564.826799] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER:   device [8086:a110] error status/mask=00000001/00002000
[  564.826781] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: Corrected error received: 0000:00:1c.0
[  564.826785] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: can't find device of ID00e0
[  564.826800] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER:    [ 0] RxErr

I suspect this is keeping your system from properly working. The errors are gone when rebooted.
Please check if kernel parameters

pcie_aspm=off pci=noaer

help with that.

Thank you very much for pinpointing the problem. Glad to hear it’s not an Nvidia graphics card problem.
I’m going to have to learn how to check the kernel parameters, but in the mean time I disabled the wireless card in the BIOS and happily booted into my system.
I have been a part time Linux tinkerer for many years and always find I am learning something new. Also it’s so great when reaching out to the Linux community because every one is so helpful. Once again Generix, many thanks.

Update:
I tried adding pcie_aspm=off pci=noaer to the kernel parameters as you suggested but it did not help with the problem. The machine booted to the graphical login screen but screen went blank after entering password.
I can live without the wireless card though, so it’s not a problem for me to carry on without it.