Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD driver 304.125 (legacy for GeForce 6 and 7 series)
Release highlights since 304.121:
- Added support for X.Org xserver ABI 19 (xorg-server 1.17).
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
- Implemented support for disabling indirect GLX context creation using the -iglx option available on X.Org server release 1.16 and newer. Note that future X.Org server releases may make the -iglx option the default. To re-enable support for indirect GLX on such servers, use the +iglx option.
- Added the "AllowIndirectGLXProtocol" X config option. This option can be used to disallow use of GLX protocol. See "Appendix B. X Config Options" in the README for more details.
- Updated nvidia-installer to install a file in the system's xorg.conf.d directory, when a sufficiently new X server is detected, to cause the X server to load the "nvidia" X driver automatically if it is started after the NVIDIA kernel module is loaded.
This feature is supported in X.Org xserver 1.16 and higher when running on Linux 3.9 or higher with CONFIG_DRM enabled.
- Updated nvidia-installer to log uninstallation to a separate file from the installation log, and to attempt uninstalling previous driver installations using the installer program from the previous installation, when available.
- Updated nvidia-installer to avoid writing to non-zero offsets of sysctl files in /proc/sys/kernel.