List of JetPack versions without any CAN issue

Hi I am facing running CAN bus on JetPack 4.5.1 just like others who eventually PALLAON clock to bypass this issue. I remember it working well in 4.2.

Now when I use sdk-manager, it shows the options above 4.6. How do I install older jetpack versions ? I have one jetson with JetPack 4.3 flashed. Can I save this image and boot my newer device with it ?

hello pra-dan,

may I know what’s the actual use-case?
are you going to flash the target with JP-4.6 but boot-up with your JP-4.3 image? this is impossible due to roll-back protection.

what’s your CAN bus issue, why don’t you refer to that dtsi changes to resolve your issue on latest release?

I initially looked at the linked solution but could not understand how to do it. Hence, resorted to look for flashing JP4.2- versions.

I couldn’t find hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/galen/kernel-dts/common/tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000-common.dtsi

hello pra-dan,

please go Jetson Linux Archive | NVIDIA Developer and please download public sources package, [L4T Driver Package (BSP) Sources].
that device tree sources is within kernel_src.tbz2 package.

Thanks for the link Jerry. I still need some help here.

For getting CAN working on JetPack 4.6.1, I have understood that I need to modify the device tree file by modifying the binaries but the step involving flash.sh is still unclear. The suggested answer says that I must flash JP using sdkmanager but not complete it. And then proceed with the flash.sh before finishing with login. Is this correct?

hello pra-dan,

assume you’ve already download JetPack release via NVIDIA SDK Manager.
it’ll also install all necessary scripts and binaries to your local host machine,
the default path looks like following, ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_<version>_Linux_<platform>/Linux_for_Tegra/

please enter the installation path, you’ll able to execute flash script for running partition flash.
here’s developer guide, Flashing a Specific Partition for your reference, thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.