Llvmpipe is used as OpenGL render instead of NVIDIA. Cannot switch to NVIDIA GPU

I’m encountering an issue with my Linux server, which boasts 2 * A10 GPUs and runs on Redhat 8.7. I’ve already disabled nouveau. However, despite having the NVIDIA GPU drivers installed (version 460.73.01), the system defaults to using llvmpipe for graphics rendering, completely overlooking the available NVIDIA GPUs.

I’ve attempted various troubleshooting steps, including running nvidia-xconfig and upgrading the drivers to version 550.54.14. Unfortunately, neither of these attempts yielded a solution.

Attached is the nvidia-bug-report file for your reference.

I’m reaching out for assistance after struggling with this issue for a week. Any guidance or insights you can offer would be immensely appreciated. Thank you sincerely for your help and support in advance.

Below is detailed information for your reference.

Linux Kernel Version: 4.18.0-425.3.1.el8.x86_64
Driver Version: 535.129.03
CUDA Version: 12.2

[root@gpu-server ~]# DISPLAY=:1 glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa/X.org
OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 14.0.6, 256 bits)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.1.5
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.1.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 22.1.5
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20

nvidia-bug-report.log (7.7 MB)

It looks like you have two X servers running: :0, which is running on one of the A10s, and :1 which is using an ASPEED graphics device, which is typically a BMC on server systems.

How are you connecting to this system? Do you get NVIDIA OpenGL if you use DISPLAY=:0 rather than DISPLAY=:1?