Long Boot Time and Engine Deserialization Failure in PeopleNet

Hello NVIDIA Developer Community,

I am encountering a problem with the PeopleNet model on NVIDIA DeepStream 6.4 running on Jetson AGX Orin. The issue involves an unusually long boot time and errors during the engine deserialization process. Below is the terminal output I receive when running the model:

[NvTrackerParams::getConfigRoot()] !!![WARNING] File doesn't exist. Will go ahead with default values
[NvMultiObjectTracker] Initialized
WARNING: Deserialize engine failed because file path: /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.4/samples/configs/tao_pretrained_models/deepstream_reference_apps/deepstream_app_tao_configs/nvinfer/../../../models/tao_pretrained_models/peopleNet/resnet34_peoplenet_int8.onnx_b1_gpu0_int8.engine open error
[...]
INFO: Trying to create engine from model files

The model eventually runs successfully but the boot time is significantly longer than expected, and these warnings are consistently appearing. The main concerns are:

1. Deserialize Engine Failure: The system is unable to deserialize the engine from the provided file path. Is this related to compatibility issues with DeepStream 6.4 or a problem with the engine file itself?
  2. Extended Boot Time: The boot process takes an exceptionally long time, which seems unusual. Could this be related to the engine deserialization issue, or is there another underlying cause?

I have checked the file paths and configurations, and everything appears to be in order. However, I am still facing these issues. Any insights or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated to help resolve these problems.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson AGX ORIN 64gb dev kit)
• DeepStream Version 6.4
• JetPack Version (6.0)

Which demo did you run? Could you attach your whole pipeline?

Thanks for the reply.
Im using:
DeepStream 6.4
Logitech Brio at Full HD (1920x1080) resolution, 30 fps.

• [source0]: Camera settings with uri v4l2:///dev/video0, resolution 1920x1080, and frame rate 30 fps.
  • [primary-gie]: Using PeopleNet model with specific settings in config_infer_primary_peoplenet.txt.
  • [tracker]: Enabled with default settings.

deepstream_app_source1_peoplenet.txt (3.8 KB)

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Please refer to the samples\configs\deepstream-app\source1_usb_dec_infer_resnet_int8.txt when you use a webcam.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.