Lowest Latency Camera Preview

Hello, I just started working with my Jetson Nano (Base board A02) and a Pi HQ camera.

I’m using Arducam’s IMX477 driver and Gstreamer, and everything looks beautiful. I plan to use the camera feed for passthrough applications and want to minimize the latency between capture and display. I do not care at all about encoding or saving the image data to disk. Currently I’m getting slight lag (between 3 and 4 frames at 60 hz), but it’s significant enough to feel. It’s very possible this issue relates to the camera’s internal binning, but I don’t know!

How can I run diagnostics on the preview latency?

I know this is a broad question, but: What is the fastest pipeline to get image data from the camera module to the local display?

Oh, and specifically, I’m using nvarguscamerasrc. I don’t know how to set the sensor mode with this source, perhaps it’s still running at 3MP square and downconverting?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

hello the_eep,

may I know what’s your actual use-case. it’s internal buffering to have 3 frames latency,
thanks