M2070Q Remote Stereo Visualization

Hello. I’m not sure if this is the place to post this topic, but I couldn’t find any discussions concerning the M2070Q.
As I couldn’t find any information about Virtual Remote Displays, could someone please explain how it works.
Our idea is to use the M2070Q for the calculations and rendering, then read the resulting images (as Q stays for Quadro I accept that M2070Q has Right and Left buffers) and transfer them over a network to some remote stereo visualization system. Is this possible? How would an example configuration look like, i.e. is some additional specific hardware needed?
Thank you very much in advance!
Greetings,
Dimo

Hello. I’m not sure if this is the place to post this topic, but I couldn’t find any discussions concerning the M2070Q.
As I couldn’t find any information about Virtual Remote Displays, could someone please explain how it works.
Our idea is to use the M2070Q for the calculations and rendering, then read the resulting images (as Q stays for Quadro I accept that M2070Q has Right and Left buffers) and transfer them over a network to some remote stereo visualization system. Is this possible? How would an example configuration look like, i.e. is some additional specific hardware needed?
Thank you very much in advance!
Greetings,
Dimo

I assume you use CUDA in the M2070Q to render the left and right images? What resolution and frame rates are you targeting?

Hardware needed: a 3DVision kit or any other stereoscopic capable display devices, such as a 3D enabled DLP projector and matching glasses.

One of your main problems will be the bandwidth required to transmit a high resolution stereoscopic image from one PC to another. And possibly the extra latencies this causes. Consider running some basic image compression algorithm on the frames before sending them to some remote PC.

I recently posted some source code that enables any CUDA capable nVidia graphics card (even consumer devices) to render stereoscopic frames that have been generated in CUDA. The limitation is that this rendering has to be done in full screen mode (nVidia consumer devices do not support windowed stereoscopic display or Quad Buffered Stereo).

The second PC might run CUDA only to decompress and visualize the data.

I assume you use CUDA in the M2070Q to render the left and right images? What resolution and frame rates are you targeting?

Hardware needed: a 3DVision kit or any other stereoscopic capable display devices, such as a 3D enabled DLP projector and matching glasses.

One of your main problems will be the bandwidth required to transmit a high resolution stereoscopic image from one PC to another. And possibly the extra latencies this causes. Consider running some basic image compression algorithm on the frames before sending them to some remote PC.

I recently posted some source code that enables any CUDA capable nVidia graphics card (even consumer devices) to render stereoscopic frames that have been generated in CUDA. The limitation is that this rendering has to be done in full screen mode (nVidia consumer devices do not support windowed stereoscopic display or Quad Buffered Stereo).

The second PC might run CUDA only to decompress and visualize the data.

Thank you very much for the quick answer.
The visualization will be mainly on a powerwall with projectors. The resolution is 1280x1024 and a frame rate of about 30 fps.

Actually we don’t have the M2070Q yet. We want to make sure if it is what we are looking for before we buy it. We aim at the M2070Q because we don’t want to realize the rendering ourselves (as I assume we would have to if we choose M2070) but leave it to the graphics controller.
Another option would be to buy the C2070, but then we would have to render the left and right images sequentially before transferring them over the network (if my reasoning is right?). Besides on the NVIDIA site it is written that when using C2070 a separate graphics card is needed, although it has a DVI connector?!

I haven’t used CUDA so far, so any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

PS. The question about the additional hardware was aimed at if we need something like a PCI-e switch for the virtual remote display.

Thank you very much for the quick answer.
The visualization will be mainly on a powerwall with projectors. The resolution is 1280x1024 and a frame rate of about 30 fps.

Actually we don’t have the M2070Q yet. We want to make sure if it is what we are looking for before we buy it. We aim at the M2070Q because we don’t want to realize the rendering ourselves (as I assume we would have to if we choose M2070) but leave it to the graphics controller.
Another option would be to buy the C2070, but then we would have to render the left and right images sequentially before transferring them over the network (if my reasoning is right?). Besides on the NVIDIA site it is written that when using C2070 a separate graphics card is needed, although it has a DVI connector?!

I haven’t used CUDA so far, so any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

PS. The question about the additional hardware was aimed at if we need something like a PCI-e switch for the virtual remote display.