Machine slow down

The machine has considerable slowed down. It takes time to perform even the regular desktop acticities, Attached is the CPU usage during the idle time. Can you help with this.

No idea about this.

Please provide more detail about your board and software release.

Also, I notice your desktop seems different from the default jetpack one. Is this customized by you?

Thanks for your response. I have a jetson xavier nx. When I initially setup the machine, It looked different. Later some updates were suggested by the software updater which I installed and it changed the interface completely.
Attached is the screenshot of my machine details.

Also, when I download SDK Manager, It downloads the AMD version of SDK.
not sure, how these changes happened. I would like to go back to the original version that came when I setup the machine (without losing the data).

This is probably a silly unrelated question, but what app are you using for the CPU chart?

FYI, JetPack/SDKM is just a front end to flashing and isn’t what gets installed onto the Jetson. JetPack/SDKM is always AMD64 because it has to run on a host PC with Ubuntu. The binary executable which performs the flash sees the recovery mode Jetson as a custom USB device and runs on the host PC. There is no possibility of SDKM running directly on a Jetson.

I am using GNOME system monitor for the CPU chart.

Also, when I download SDK Manager, It downloads the AMD version of SDK.
not sure, how these changes happened.

@linuxdev already explained this. SDKM is a tool running on the x64 host and we use that to flash embedded devices like jetson through usb interface.

I would suggest you can also find other sdcard and use that to take the flash because SDKM by default will erase your content in your old sdcard.

OK. The sdk issue was just an aside. i was trying to update to jetpack 4.6, hoping that it will fix this issue. But is not my main concern.

I am bothered more about the following issues.
1. Performance of the machine and how to fix it.
2. How did I end up with a non standard version of the installation and how to revert back to standard installation (hopefully without reflashing)
3. The change happened when the software updater downloaded and suggested updates. Going forward should I ignore those?

Thanks

1. Performance of the machine and how to fix it.
  2. How did I end up with a non standard version of the installation and how to revert back to standard installation (hopefully without reflashing)

Honestly, we have no idea about how to fix your problem because you even didn’t know what you’ve done to your board. Installing the software updater means installing lots of package to it.

You can try to open a terminal, run command “sudo tegra_stats” and it will also show other information of current system status. Please monitor this when error the slow down happens.

And the same answer to your second question. We don’t know what you’ve installed to your board.

1. The change happened when the software updater downloaded and suggested updates. Going forward should I ignore those?

I think you can ignore this and just install the things you need.

OK… Is there a way to do something like a factory reset in windows, or do I need to again start from flashing the SD card?

Only x64 ubuntu 18.04 supports to reflash the whole device. If you only have windows, then you can only use a fresh sdcard image.