Machinima 2022.1.0 Hangs and Doesn't Respond on Startup. Wait 5 minutes

Hello
At first I thought Machinima 2022.1.0 was broken in some way.
After some small troubleshooting. As anything always does.
When something doesn’t work. I went into settings and launched
The app with the Command line console. Turns out it takes nearly
5 minutes to start up. I have a 11700k with a 3090. Just wanted to share
my troubles about this specific app since it takes allot longer than
Create or audio to face to start up. So if had a freak out like I did.
Thinking there is something wrong. Just wait a few minutes with
the console log open. I don’t know if people have a similar experience
as I did. Maybe its just a given that this App takes along time to startup.
Maybe I’m spoiled with blender startup times. Anyway. This is just a PSA
If people have similar experience like I did. Thanks.

• List item

Yeah, it does take time to boot up. Mine took about 2 mins or so, but it’s not really a big deal. I can wait.

Can confirm. The previous version of the app takes around 30 seconds to start. New beta 3-4 mins.

Hello Everyone! I just want to confirm that I was able to reproduce what you have reported and I have informed the developers about this.

I did a fresh install of the new Machinima Beta and was stuck on this screen for about 2.5 - 3 minutes

It then switched to this screen and stayed there for about another minute.

It then displayed this screen for about 30 - 45 seconds.

Before switching to the normal view, here:

I was hoping that this was only happening upon the first time this application loaded, however, I got the almost the same issues when I closed and reopened the application 4 more times. The only difference was that he hang was much longer on the 3rd screen, about 1 to 1.5 minutes.

I deeply apologize. This is not the experience that we want you to have.

I will be sure to update this post when I have more information from the team!

(An internal development ticket was created for this post: OM-48790: Serious hangs when loading Machinima Beta)

I just wanted to update you on the latest. The hang seems to be happening when the application is loading RTX shaders. We are on it!

Mine, just closes. It doesn’t actually open. It does hang for a bit, but then just closes.

Seems Double-clicking in the content window doesn’t work either.
Can no longer double click parameters and change them. Can only slide from left to right.
Show timeline on screen is no longer available.
Commands like enter no longer work when saving.
Not to mention it’s super slow compared to 2021. I’m Running an AMD 64 Core and an RTX 3090.

Hello Everyone! The development team just pushed through an update that fixes this problem. Please make sure that you have the latest version of Machinima and that your cache is up-to-date! Please post here if you are still seeing this issue.

I just downloaded the latest version and it opens but then goes white and then crashes
kit_20220415_103325.log (1.2 MB)

I’ve included my log file I believe.

OMG! I’ve been trying for weeks. Finally discovered that for some unknown reason, it won’t work if I have my storage other than C:/ !!! UGH! I had it as my D: drive but no joy.

NVIDIA Please fix this as my C: is quickly running out of space.

I’ve just installed the new version (2022.1.2-rc.2) this weekend and it’s taking a few minutes to load. The last version i had was fairly old and it was fine before.

The only console warnings i get are…

2022-05-15 12:07:14 [Warning] [omni.ext.impl.internal] There is already a module ‘watchdog’ in 'c:\users\magneto\appdata\local\ov\pkg\machinima-2022.1.2\kit\extscore\omni.kit.pip_archive\pip_prebundle\watchdog_init.py’. Can’t import another module with the same name in public space from ‘c:\users\magneto\appdata\local\ov\pkg\machinima-2022.1.2\extscache\omni.services.pip_archive-0.4.0+cp37\pip_prebundle’.
2022-05-15 12:07:14 [Warning] [omni.ext.plugin] [ext: omni.physx-1.4.6-5.1] Native plugin search dir contains several files: c:/users/magneto/appdata/local/ov/pkg/machinima-2022.1.2/kit/extsphysics/omni.physx-1.4.6-5.1/bin . It makes dir walk slow, replace with the exact path to the plugin instead of a wildcard.
2022-05-15 12:07:40 [Warning] [omni.ext.plugin] [ext: omni.blast-0.9.14] Native plugin search dir contains several files: c:/users/magneto/appdata/local/ov/pkg/machinima-2022.1.2/extscache/omni.blast-0.9.14+103.1.wx64.r.cp37/bin . It makes dir walk slow, replace with the exact path to the plugin instead of a wildcard.
2022-05-15 12:08:01 [Warning] [omni.kit.browser.folder.core.models.folder_browser_model] Folder c:/users/magneto/appdata/local/ov/pkg/machinima-2022.1.2/extscache/omni.kit.browser.reshade-0.3.5+cp37/presets already exists with name presets

@Magneto1 Please try 2022.1.3, released today, you should see a pretty fast load time ( 15-30 seconds)

2 Likes

Startup is very quick now, thanks!

Do you know how to get pose tracker or the saved animations into unreal? I don’t need live motion myself but im trying to make use of saved animations and not getting anywhere so far…

This problem seems to be persistent again in 2022.2.0 Beta

Hello @itsjofoyo! The team is aware of the issue in Machinima 2022.2.0 and we are working on it! Take a look at this post: It takes quite a few minutes for machinima 2022.2.0 to launch

Hello @itsjofoyo! The Machinima launch error has been fixed. Please update your version of Machinima!

1 Like