"Make" error when installing script

I’m trying to run a script which installs software the MIT RACECAR on Jetson TX2 Ubuntu 18.04, Jetpack 4.3. But I get some sort of fatal make error near the end of the installation.

Here is the error:

zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target ‘zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/src/zed_wrapper_nodelet.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/src/zed_wrapper_nodelet.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4634: recipe for target ‘zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:140: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Invoking “make -j6 -l6” failed

The script I’m using can be found here (the only change is that I’ve changed the first line from ros kinetic to ros melodic):

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or need more info. I’ve reached out the developer but he has yet to respond.

Did you have their HW install on TX2 before install it?

@ShaneCCC I’m not sure what the HW install is, but all the scripts here should be installed correctly (not everything was installed as per scripts due to new software versions being released, so some manually). Here is the guide I’m using.

I saw the installation requirement need some HW like ZED Camera

Yes, I installed the sdk for the zed camera.

Try the solution from below link.

sudo apt install libhidapi-dev libhidapi-libusb0

@ShaneCCC I installed those libraries and reinstalled the zed sdk but I’m still getting the same error:

/opt/ros/melodic/include/nodelet/nodelet.h:60:34: note: in expansion of macro ‘ROS_INFO_STREAM_NAMED’
 #define NODELET_INFO_STREAM(...) ROS_INFO_STREAM_NAMED(getName(), __VA_ARGS__)
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/acrt/racecar-ws/src/zed-ros-wrapper/src/zed_wrapper_nodelet.cpp:834:17: note: in expansion of macro ‘NODELET_INFO_STREAM’
                 NODELET_INFO_STREAM(errorCode2str(err));
                 ^
In file included from /home/acrt/racecar-ws/src/zed-ros-wrapper/src/zed_wrapper_nodelet.cpp:67:0:
/usr/local/zed/include/sl/Camera.hpp:692:105: note: declared here
     /*@cond SHOWHIDDEN*/SL_DEPRECATED(/*@endcond*/String /*@cond SHOWHIDDEN*/SL_CORE_EXPORT/*@endcond*/ errorCode2str(ERROR_CODE errorCode)/*@cond SHOWHIDDEN*/)/*@endcond*/;
                                                                                                         ^
/usr/local/zed/include/sl/Camera.hpp:125:29: note: in definition of macro ‘SL_DEPRECATED’
 #define SL_DEPRECATED(func) func __attribute__ ((deprecated))
                             ^~~~
zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/src/zed_wrapper_nodelet.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/src/zed_wrapper_nodelet.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4634: recipe for target 'zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [zed-ros-wrapper/CMakeFiles/ZEDWrapper.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Invoking "make -j6 -l6" failed

Looks like the link you referenced to is for 28.1, for the 32.3 may need have some source modify.

Not sure if below are fit your use requirement.

@ShaneCCC The errors seem to be an issue with the Zed ros wrapper, so I’m not sure if the version is an issue.

The jetracer is a completely different project so it won’t work in this use case.

Any suggestions?