make install error on kFreeBSD

Hi,

I have installed Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, and have a GeForce 660 GTX board installed on an ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. Using any of GNOME, KDE Plasma, Xfce, or “default Xsession”, the graphics do not work right (some windows are empty, but when I hover over certain spots, a keyword or menu item will appear at the mouse pointer, and then disappear when I move the mouse), and the system hangs, even sometimes when trying to logoff.

Following the directions on the driver website, I downloaded the FreeBSD driver, unzipped it, cd to the driver directory, ran “make install”, and the terminal session says “bash: make: command not found”.

Anyone know how to install this driver?

Thanks!
Andy

I must be a newbie :(

I found a “make” package under Synaptic Package Manager, and this time when I ran “make install”, I got “Make:20: separator missing” or something close to that. Then I went back to /Downloads where the NVIDIA driver “gz” file is, and ran the single line “tar xsf NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-331.38.tar.gz && cd NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-331.38 & make install”, and now I get:

[1] 5516
make: *** No rule to make target ‘install’. Stop.

I will post this on a Debian forum, as it looks more like standard Linux procedures than an NVIDIA issue.

Thanks!
Andy

The Makefile referred to using “tar xsf NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-331.38.tar.gz && cd NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-331.38 & make install” looks like this:

SUBDIR= src
lib
x11
doc

afterinstall:
@{.CURDIR}/scripts/setup.sh @{.CURDIR}/scripts/linux.sh
@echo
@echo “Installation of the NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver”
@echo “331.38 for FreeBSD is now complete. You can now”
@echo “run the nvidia-xconfig utility to automatically update”
@echo “your X server configuration file. Please see the README”
@echo “for details if you wish to update your X configuration”
@echo “file manually.”
@echo

setup: install

.include <bsd.subdir.mk>

I think the last line, “.include <bsd.subdir.mk>” needs to be changed at “<bsd.subdir.mk>”, perhaps the BSD kernel Makefile? I don’t know where that would be on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD. Any ideas?

Thanks!