makefile issues make: *** No targets. Stop.

Can someone please help me, as I can’t figure out what is happening with my SDK or OS. Basically I installed the new cuda 3.2 toolkit and migrated my project onto the SDK C/src directory.

The project compiled under cudatoolkit 3.1, but now I get the following error after modifying something on the makefile:

make: *** No targets. Stop.

Well, the targets are there, the common.mk is there. Everything is in place, except that make just outputs this. I’m using the common.mk in the C/src/common/common.mk directory.

I’ve build the SDK common files and libraries and it worked. The all SDK compiled and ran (or at least the applications I ran as a test).

Can someone please help me, as I can’t figure out what is happening with my SDK or OS. Basically I installed the new cuda 3.2 toolkit and migrated my project onto the SDK C/src directory.

The project compiled under cudatoolkit 3.1, but now I get the following error after modifying something on the makefile:

make: *** No targets. Stop.

Well, the targets are there, the common.mk is there. Everything is in place, except that make just outputs this. I’m using the common.mk in the C/src/common/common.mk directory.

I’ve build the SDK common files and libraries and it worked. The all SDK compiled and ran (or at least the applications I ran as a test).

Possibly the editor you used replaced TAB (Ascii 0x09) with SPACES… and hence MAKEFILE wont make it anymore…
Get the original makefile… and use an editor that does not screw up TABs.
In vi, I use “:set noet” (noet - No expand Tab)

Possibly the editor you used replaced TAB (Ascii 0x09) with SPACES… and hence MAKEFILE wont make it anymore…
Get the original makefile… and use an editor that does not screw up TABs.
In vi, I use “:set noet” (noet - No expand Tab)