makelocalrc problem

I have the following error when installing version 6.1-6 in fedora Core 5

./makelocalrc: line 312: test: instalar:: binary operator expected
./makelocalrc: line 320: test: instalar:: binary operator expected
./makelocalrc: line 326: test: instalar:: binary operator expected
./makelocalrc: line 354: test: instalar:: binary operator expected

No idea which is the problem, hope someone can help me.

Hi JulioC,

Might be a problem with your GCC install. What is the output of the following command?

gcc -print-search-dirs

Thanks,
Mat

Hi Mat

I got

instalar: /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/
programas: =/usr/libexec/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/:/usr/libexec/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/:/usr/libexec/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/:/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/:/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/:/usr/libexec/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/:/usr/libexec/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/:/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.0/:/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/:/u

Thanks

JulioC

Hi JulioC,

The problem is our makelocalrc only recognizes English spellings and is failing on “instalar”. We should have a fix in 6.2, but in the mean time please set your language ot English (i.e. set LANG=en_US or LANG=C) and rerun the installer.

See: PGI 6.13 on Suse 9.3 - crtbegin.o

Sorry of the inconvenience,
Mat

Same problem here, with portuguese and 6.2… little annoying. Any fixes?
For ubuntu user, change both LANG and LANGUAGE on /etc/enviroment.

Ubuntu has changed the default shell to dash (Debian Almquist Shell) it affect the installation scripts in a bad way. The work around is to remove /bin/sh and lin /bin/sh to /bin/bash. It may affect default ubuntu scripts so be careful. Or change the portland script first line to be #!/bin/bash instead of #!/bin/sh which is the proper shell programming fix anyway. One should never assume the default shell to be bash or any other shell for that matter.