Manage the size of queue

• Hardware Platform Jetson Orin AGX Development Kit
• DeepStream Version 6.3
• JetPack Version 5.1.2

In my DeepStream-based system, which count people and includes detection, tracking, and classification stages, I encountered a warning :
Warning: gst-core-error-quark: A lot of buffers are being dropped. (13): gstbasesink.c(3003): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNv3dSink:nv3dsink-0: There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.
To resolve this, I attempted to adjust the queue size within the pipeline.
However, I faced challenges in determining the actual queue size, as attempts to print it always yielded a value of 0.
Despite attempting to modify the max-size-buffer property, I did not observe any improvements in the system’s performance.
My question is, how can I accurately determine and modify the queue size to address this warning?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

It may have little impact on performance just by adjusting the buffer size. There are several ways you can try to improve the performance.

1. Use the max power mode DS_Performance.

2. Set interval parameter for the nvinfer and drop-frame-interval for the decoder.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.