Managed to flash jetson xavier nx custom board with JP462 not JP502

Do this solution work for you?

You can also change boot order at boot time by pressing escape to enter UEFI GUI menu.

For the next release, we will change the boot order at flash time so you don’t have to change it yourself.

Hello,

I had too much things to do to retest.
I will perhaps have time tomorrow.
Do you know when 5.1 should be out like roadmap said?

Thanks

Hello,

I took time to retest without any luck.

size of your nvme drive = 128GB

so I indicated : num_sectors 250069680

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -S 118GiB --erase-all --network usb0 --showlogs jetson-xavier-nx-devkit nvme0n1p1

So what happens? Does it not boot? Or does it not flash?

Actually I think you just need to run

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --erase-all --network usb0 --showlogs jetson-xavier-nx-devkit nvme0n1p1

Without any changes to to the xml file.

it fails on flash.idx not found !

so now I redownload from scratch tar.bz2

pfiou, I’m fed up with this !

generating system.img for booting…
Making system.img…
/tmp/tmp.Rb58x344nc/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf is not found, exiting…
Error: failed to generate images
Cleaning up…
gagi@gagi-MXC062:~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/alamain/Linux_for_Tegra$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -S 118GiB --erase-all --network usb0 --showlogs jetson-xavier-nx-devkit nvme0n1p1

I think you forget to do:

sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

Also, I think you just need to run

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --erase-all --network usb0 --showlogs jetson-xavier-nx-devkit nvme0n1p1

Without any changes to to the xml file.

yes just found this step forgoten …

Waiting for target to boot-up…
Waiting for device to expose ssh …RTNETLINK answers: File exists
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
…RTNETLINK answers: File exists
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Waiting for device to expose ssh …Run command: flash on fc00:1:1:0::2
SSH ready
blockdev: cannot open /dev/mmcblk0boot0: No such file or directory
[ 0]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Starting to create gpt for emmc
Active index file is /mnt/internal/flash.idx
Number of lines is 64
max_index=63
writing item=43, 6:0:primary_gpt, 512, 19968, gpt_primary_6_0.bin, 16896, fixed--0, 218e106bc3f95293c574aebcb980f0798d8a759f
Error: Could not stat device /dev/mmcblk0 - No such file or directory.
Flash failure
Cleaning up…
gagi@gagi-MXC062:~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/alamain/Linux_for_Tegra$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --erase-all --network usb0 --showlogs jetson-xavier-nx-devkit nvme0n1p1

Oh this one have no sd card right

Yes lhoang,

those carrier boards clones don’t have sd card like the real dev kit does I think.

you got a solution to workaround this?

thanks in advance

You can just use

sudo ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --storage nvme0n1p1

Edit: Oh wait you use a custom carrier board, you probably have to use

sudo NO_ROOTFS=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-qspi internal

then.

The reason to use this command

overwrite the sdcard / emmc with a boot partition to use nvme0n1p1 as rootfs so you don’t have to manually change UEFI boot order using GUI or efibootmgr

just launched this command, waiting …

Oh wait you use a custom carrier board, you probably have to use

sudo NO_ROOTFS=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-qspi internal

if the first command not work

sudo ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --storage nvme0n1p1
→ this one reboot and nvme continuously green like it’s hanging

Copied 16896 bytes from /mnt/internal/gpt_secondary_3_0.bin to address 0x01ffbe00 in flash
[ 240]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Successfully flash the qspi
[ 240]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Flashing success
[ 240]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: The device is going to reboot in 5 seconds…
Running in chroot, ignoring request.
[ 245]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: The device size indicated in the partition layout xml is smaller than the actual size. This utility will try to fix the GPT.
Flash is successful
Reboot device
Cleaning up…
Log is saved to Linux_for_Tegra/initrdlog/flash_2-1.4_0_20220929-221804.log

now trying last command …

same again with :

Copied 16896 bytes from /mnt/internal/gpt_secondary_3_0.bin to address 0x01ffbe00 in flash
[ 239]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Successfully flash the qspi
[ 239]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Flashing success
[ 239]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: The device is going to reboot in 5 seconds…
Running in chroot, ignoring request.
[ 245]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: The device size indicated in the partition layout xml is smaller than the actual size. This utility will try to fix the GPT.
Flash is successful
Reboot device
Cleaning up…
Log is saved to Linux_for_Tegra/initrdlog/flash_2-1.4_0_20220929-223032.log

flash_2-1.4_0_20220929-221804.log (57.8 KB)
flash_2-1.4_0_20220929-223032.log (57.8 KB)

managed to have something trying to boot with this command :
sudo NO_ROOTFS=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrdt-flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --erase-all --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1

now I have uefi, tried to force boot order to nvme and seems it cannot find the UUID.

attached is a screenshot and latest log
IMG_6652

flash_2-1.4_0_20220929-231317.log (71.8 KB)

Ok I see your device is an nx devkit with emmc. I though your device is a nx devkit sd card with no emmc and no sd card. So the command you should use is:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrdt-flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --erase-all --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1

1 Like