Manifest Error mt.exe : general error c10100b1: Failed to load file

I am trying to build a CUDA program on Visual Studio 2008 on Windows XP. But I get the following error:

Please note that I can build and run the same file on a different PC which also runs WinXP. Please advise me on how to solve this problem.

hi

i have the same problem on windows 7 x64. i have not tried yet other operating systems.

i have noticed that my .exe file is not created by nvcc, so the mt.exe (manifest) is not able to locate it.

how can i fix ?

I’m getting the same error. I’m using Visual Studio 2008 32-bit, running on Vista 64. The error occurs because Visual Studio is looking for an .exe file in the output directory, which isn’t there. I don’t know why there’s no .exe file created.

This is just the latest in a series of attempts to get CUDA to work with Visual Studio 2008 and Vista Business 64. I’m a newbie to both CUDA and Visual Studio. My experience has been a succession of install, load sample code, compile, compile fails, search internet for solution to compile failure, find suggestions based on slightly different configurations (VS2005, XP, etc.), try them, they don’t work, start changing settings, mess things up totally, delete Visual Studio and CUDA, reinstall, repeat…

I did manage to get CUDA and Visual Studio 2008 working (compile/link/run) on my XP system.

So anyway, I hope someone can shed some light on the “Embedding manifest” error someday.

Thanks.

I’m getting the same error. I’m using Visual Studio 2008 32-bit, running on Vista 64. The error occurs because Visual Studio is looking for an .exe file in the output directory, which isn’t there. I don’t know why there’s no .exe file created.

This is just the latest in a series of attempts to get CUDA to work with Visual Studio 2008 and Vista Business 64. I’m a newbie to both CUDA and Visual Studio. My experience has been a succession of install, load sample code, compile, compile fails, search internet for solution to compile failure, find suggestions based on slightly different configurations (VS2005, XP, etc.), try them, they don’t work, start changing settings, mess things up totally, delete Visual Studio and CUDA, reinstall, repeat…

I did manage to get CUDA and Visual Studio 2008 working (compile/link/run) on my XP system.

So anyway, I hope someone can shed some light on the “Embedding manifest” error someday.

Thanks.

May be you are using 32bit applications and linking 64 bit libraries. Change active solution platform as x64