Many Minfo flags not working.

I’m compiling a lot of code with OpenMP (which is working, I know). But the -Minfo=mp flag is not generating any output during compilation.

On checking through, I’m finding that many (most? all?) of the optimization and parallelization Minfo flags are not generating any output.
(-Minfo=opt,par,…)

Windows 7
Visual Studio 13
PGI Visual Fortran 2014

Full command-line (from HTML file):

c:\program files\pgi\win64\14.6\bin\pgfortran.exe -Hx,123,8 -Hx,123,0x40000 -Hx,0,0x40000000 -Mx,0,0x40000000 -Hx,0,0x20000000 -Mpreprocess -DPGI_FORTRAN -DHOST_ONLY -Bstatic -Mbackslash -Mextend -mp -Mfree -I"c:\program files\pgi\win64\14.6\include" -I"C:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 12\include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\shared" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um" -fast -Kieee -tp=k8-64,barcelona-64,bulldozer-64,istanbul-64,piledriver-64,shanghai-64,core2-64,nehalem-64,penryn-64,sandybridge-64,px-64 -Minform=inform -module "PGI-x64\Release-OpenMP" -Minfo=ccff,mp,par -o "PGI-x64\Release-OpenMP\WC_SolveRoutines.obj" -c "D:\Codes\IntegratedFarfieldAcoustics\WC_SolveRoutines.f90"

Hmm… Now that I look at that, I have no idea what the first few flags are about. The “command line” shown in Visual Studio is:

-Mpreprocess -DPGI_FORTRAN -DHOST_ONLY -Bstatic -Mbackslash -Mextend -mp -I"c:\program files\pgi\win64\14.6\include" -I"C:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 12\include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\shared" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um" -fast -Kieee -tp=k8-64,barcelona-64,bulldozer-64,istanbul-64,piledriver-64,shanghai-64,core2-64,nehalem-64,penryn-64,sandybridge-64,px-64 -Minform=warn -Minfo=ccff,mp,par

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug in the more recent version of the compiler?

So, this is apparently a result of cross-flag interaction. When I disable my laundry-list of supported processors, the Minfo information comes through clearly:

-Mpreprocess -DPGI_FORTRAN -DHOST_ONLY -Bstatic -Mbackslash -Mextend -mp -I"c:\program files\pgi\win64\14.6\include" -I"C:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 12\include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\shared" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um" -fast -Mflushz -Mdaz -Knoieee -Minform=warn -Minfo=ccff,mp,par

Am I perhaps running into a command-line-length-limit with PVF 14 / Windows 7?

Hi Andrew,

We max at 9 target processors and since you have 11, it looks like this is causing the Minfo messages not to print. I’ll see what we can do to bump this up. In the meantime, can you try reducing the number of target processors?

• Mat