Mass Flash failed for jetson nano

I attempted to use the mass flash tool in the L4T but I get the following while generation the signed binary:

copying tegrarcm_v2 … cp: cannot stat ‘…/tegrarcm_v2’: No such file or directory
failed.

@linuxdev @JerryChang

see attached log.

How can I solve this
nvmassflass_log (13.4 KB)

I don’t have any experience with mass flash. One thing I do see though, is that the file it cannot find is part of the host PC flash software. If you cd to:
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_...version.../Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/

…what do you then see for:
ls -l ./tegrarcm_v2

Hi @ridwanriley,

Hope you are doing well. I saw that you are using a Jetson Nano board with emmc. Maybe you can try follow the instructions in How to fast flash jetson nano module - #2 by andres.campos, from step 3.1.

I hope this information is of value to you. Please, let us know how it goes!

Eduardo Salazar
Embedded SW Engineer at RidgeRun

Contact us: support@ridgerun.com
Developers wiki: https://developer.ridgerun.com/

Thanks @linuxdev .

I have been able to resolve this issue and generated the image but it can’t get flashed to the device.

See attached the log of the mass imageblob generation
mass_flash_log (17.3 KB)

However, it fails whenever I try to flash the board with the Image using:

sudo ./nvmflash.sh --showlogs

See attached flash_log_mass
flash_log_mass (1.6 KB)
and mfi_log.

I also noticed that if I use -y PKC flag with my nvmassflashgen script like so:

sudo ./nvmassflashgen.sh -x 0x21 -u rsa_priv.pem jetson-nano-emmc mmcblk0p1

it fails; from the errors, it shows that the -y flag is not available for the command but this command is stated in the Linux_for_Tegra/README_Massflash.txt

Thanks
mfi_log (2.7 KB)

Thanks for your response @EduardoSalazar96.

I will try the guide and revert.

@EduardoSalazar96

Thanks for sharing the link, it would improve my development cycle.

However, I already enabled secure boot on this device; so I have to provide keys when flashing the Image to the board, which I already did.

From the mfi_log (attached above), I can see that ebt verification failed, I don’t know why this is happening despite providing private key while generating the flash blob.

Maybe I am missing something here.

@JerryChang @linuxdev @EduardoSalazar96

hello ridwanriley,

it looks you got failure when creating a massflash image tarball.
this tegrarcm_v2 is included in the default Jetpack release image.

what’s your environment setup for running the process?
you may using SDK Manager - NVIDIA Developer to setup the development environment.

@JerryChang

Yes, I was getting this error Initially but the error went away after signing the images using the --no-flash flag.

Now, I can generate mass flash blobs but it does not get flashed to the board successfully. Please take a look at the attached logs.

Thanks.

There is no log at your post, please check again. Thanks

I mean the logs attached to my first post, see the attachment named flash_log_mass.

@kayccc

Hi @ridwanriley

Sorry for the late response. I do not really sure why …/tegrarcm_v2, in order to do that I need to replicate the issue on my side, and at this moment I do not have a Jetson Nano with emmc on my side. Sorry about that.

I hope you can solve this issue.
Best regards,

Eduardo.

@EduardoSalazar96 ,

Thanks for your response.

The task has been deprioritized for now, will pick it up sometimes later.

Appreciate your contribution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.