Material used in the 3D printed parts of NVIDIA Kaya

I’m curious about the material used for the 3D printed parts in the NVIDIA Kaya robot. What is the material used?
And, does it absorb the vibrations in the system efficiently?

I’m new to this platform, so any information would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @dhanushja3 ,

The short answer is that it shouldn’t matter what materials you use in your 3D printed parts. We have primarily used PLA for Kaya parts internally, which is the most commonly-available and affordable 3D printing material for FDM-type printers. The required tolerances and loads seen by these parts are not demanding enough to require “engineering grade” materials. Kaya is intended to be easily-approachable with hobbyist-level skills and equipment.

Vibration dampening is generally not an issue, either. If you use your Kaya frequently on hard surfaces you may eventually see some fasteners begin to back out though, particularly around the wheel hub parts. This can be prevented with threadlock if it becomes an issue for you. If you want vibration isolation for the top “payload” area of Kaya, I’d suggest trying out some rubbers, foams etc. between the Kaya_Motor_Top_Plate and Kaya_Motor_Bottom_Plate parts. Kaya is best used indoors on flat surfaces. The omniwheel setup does not lend itself well to rough, uneven, or low-traction surfaces.

I believe that this is the specific material which was used on the Kaya shown in the Isaac SDK documentation: Amazon.com