matrix multiply operation very slow

I want to do something about matrix calculation in cuda. I use malloc in the kernel and make sure it is right and successfully malloc memory for the thread.The code runs pretty good when there is 10000 threads but when I add to 20000 it needs very long time to finished. Any one can help me, thanks very much (I first multipled transposed X and X, and concat an identity matrix to form the original matrix)

following is my kernel function:

global void train_model(double *x,int *d_feature_number,int *d_train_number,int * model_number) {
int index=threadIdx.x + blockIdx.x * blockDim.x;
if (index<*model_number) {
//printf(“%d”,index);
int feature_number = *d_feature_number;//*d_feature_number;
int train_example_number = *d_train_number;//*d_train_number;

double **original = (double **) malloc(feature_number * sizeof(double *));
    double *data = (double *) malloc(feature_number * 2*feature_number * sizeof(double));

for (int r = 0; r < feature_number; r++) {
        original[r] = data + r * 2*feature_number;
    }

double sum=0;

//  double original[feature_number][2*feature_number];
    for (int i = 0; i < feature_number; i++) {
        for (int j = i; j < 2 * feature_number; j++) {
            if (j < feature_number) {
                sum = 0;
                for (int k = 0; k < train_example_number; k++) {
                    sum += x[i + feature_number * k] * x[j + feature_number * k];
                }
                original[i][j] = sum;
                original[j][i] = sum;
            } else {
                if (i == j % feature_number)
                    original[i][j] = 1;
                else
                    original[i][j] = 0;
            }
        }
    }

}

cross posting:

[url]http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39423317/train-a-lot-models-in-cuda[/url]

malloc inside of a kernel is probably mainly useful for dynamic parallelism where you may not know ahead of time how much result or scratch space you need. But even still you probably don’t need to use it most cases.

Also, putting device memory accesses in a triple nested loop is about the slowest way possible to implement matrix multiply. I’d at least study the shared memory MM example in the cuda-c programming guide. But there’s lots of resources online to help you get that pretty close to full gpu utilization. Or you could just use cublas.