max batch size is missing in configurePlugin of IPluginV2IOExt.

some plugin needs max batch size to allocate cpu buffers in initialize, but it is missing in configurePlugin of IPluginV2IOExt.

Hi,

Max Batch Size is a property of implicit networks, IPluginV2IOExt and IPluginV2DynamicExt are for full dims or dynamic shape networks.

If you want the same functionality as implicit networks, create a network with -1 in the first dimension and then create a profile with kMAX as the max batch size in that dimension.

Thanks

I just need fixed batch size, but I can’t get batch dim in configurePlugin of IPluginV2IOExt, the dims of the PluginTensorDesc don’t contain batch dim.

Is there a way to get explicit batch size of a tensor before enqueue when using IPluginV2IOExt?

Hi,

You can save explicit batch size (or even the dims of all I/O tensors) when you implement configurePlugin to members, and serialize it via void serialize(void* buffer) const.
When you do inference at runtime stage, that serialized batch will be deserialized via IPluginV2* IPluginCreator::deserializePlugin(const char* name, …).

Thanks

The problem is that arguments of the configurePlugin don’t contain batch size even if I use explicit batch axis network:
[b]

virtual void nvinfer1::IPluginV2IOExt::configurePlugin ( const PluginTensorDesc * in,
int nbInput,
const PluginTensorDesc * out,
int nbOutput
)
[/b]
My workaround is use second axis as batch axis.