MDL class compilation error

Hi, when testing interoperability with MDL in OptiX 6.0, I tried to change compilation flag in mdl_helper.cpp:

MIHandle<ICompiled_material> compiled_material(
            material_instance->create_compiled_material(
                IMaterial_instance::DEFAULT_OPTIONS,
                m_execution_context.get()));

to

MIHandle<ICompiled_material> compiled_material(
            material_instance->create_compiled_material(
                IMaterial_instance::CLASS_COMPILATION,
                m_execution_context.get()));

With all other *.cpp and *.cu files unchanged. Then I ran example OptiXMDLSphere. Programs were created, context validation went smoothly and in the first frame I had an error:

OptiX Error: 'Unknown error (Details: Function "RTresult _rtContextLaunch2D(RTcontext, unsigned int, RTsize, RTsize)" caught exception: Encountered a CUDA error: cudaDriver().CuEventSynchronize( m_event ) returned (700): Illegal address)'
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'optix::Exception'
  what():  Unknown error

Everything works fine, when I compile program with instance compiler. Could you give me some advice what should I change in order to get class compilation working?

Maybe post this or a link to here inside the MDL SDK sub-forum as well.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/253/mdl-sdk/

That feature might not have been fully implemented at the time of the OptiX 6.0.0 release and since then there have been a lot of changes to the MDL SDK and it’s been open-sourced as well. (With that there also wouldn’t be a need to use the mdl_wrapper module inside the OptiX examples anymore, see the CMakeLists.txt in the mdl_wrapper.)

Please provide the usual system configuration information to be able to investigate this:
OS version, installed GPU(s), display driver version,OptiX version (major.minor.micro) CUDA toolkit version used to generate the PTX, host compiler version, and for your case also the MDL SDK version.

Thank you for your answer, below my current setup information:

Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Driver Version: 430.26
CUDA Version: 10.2
GeForce RTX 2080
Optix 6.0.0
mdl-sdk-317500.2554 (prebuild)
gcc (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1) 7.4.0

I posted example with OptiX wrapper to be sure that this is the only source of a problem. I’m planning to make our own optix-mdl integration based on SDK’s, but I have to be sure what is supported.