Measure the performance of the accelerators on BlueField-1 card

Hi, I am trying to test the raw performance of the accelerators on BlueField-1. The DPU version is MBF1L516A-CSNAT, and the related data sheet should be this.

According to the data sheet, there are no regex and crypto accelerators. Could anybody please point out that what kind of accelerators I can test on this DPU? Thanks. :)

Hi user52115,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the NVIDIA Developer Forums.

Per the datasheet, there are public key accelerators supported with the Bluefield-1, as it contains H/W RNG and entropy source - you can benchmark public key acceleration with the tools included in the libpka suite.

IE, within the ARM environment, as root:
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libpka1/pka_test_performance -c RSA_VERIFY -v 3

You can also see that GPUDirect and NVMEoF acceleration is supported with this hardware - though these solutions aren’t one-size-fits-all. It may be beneficial for you to engage our support and solutions teams for more details, via https://support.mellanox.com

Best,
NVIDIA Networking Support

Hi,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. :)

I tried the pka test on the BlueField ARM OS, but it is failed. The log is shown below.

ubuntu@localhost:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libpka1$ sudo /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libpka1/pka_test_performance -c RSA_VERIFY -v 3
cpu_freq=156250000
Creating 4 LITTLE_ENDIAN tests of test kind TEST_RSA_VERIFY using bit_lens 1024 and 17
Running each test 100 times with 10 cmds outstanding on 1 threads
Tests  will not be checked and thread stats will not be reported. Verbosity=3
Failed to init global

Could you please help to check how to benchmark the PKA performance correctly? BTW, do you have any insights what the performance will be if multiple workloads use the same pka accelerator at the same time? Thanks. :)

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.