Meet NvBufSurfaceFromFd Failed when driving imx577 on Orin Nano

For CSI-E, do you mean to set the tegra_sinterface to “serial_e”? Can I directly set tegra_sinterface to “serial_e” on my i2c@2?

How can I confirm if I set correct value of parameter inside each “mode”? Maybe Wrong setting may cause the issue

hello EmondCai,

you may also setup a terminal to keep it running with $ dmesg --follow to gather the kernel logs.

note, I’ve examine your device tree sources.
it’s your i2c@1 camera that’s using CSI-E now.

I enable both i2c device, and the current dtsi is:
imx577.dtsi (16.7 KB)

I can detect both cameras on i2c:

I get this through dmesg --follow:

And still got the same error when executing:
nvgstcapture --sensor-id=0
or
nvgstcapture --sensor-id=1

I’m not sure why I can see tegra194 related things in my sudo dmesg --follow

hello EmondCai,

please refer to Topic 252259 to revise the symbol of nvcsi.
and… let’s follow below commands to boost all the VI/CSI/ISP clocks for testing.

sudo su
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/vi/mrq_rate_locked
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/isp/mrq_rate_locked
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/nvcsi/mrq_rate_locked
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/emc/mrq_rate_locked
cat /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/vi/max_rate |tee /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/vi/rate
cat /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/isp/max_rate | tee /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/isp/rate
cat /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/nvcsi/max_rate | tee /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/nvcsi/rate
cat /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/emc/max_rate | tee /sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/emc/rate

Thank you JerryChang!

I’m following Topic 252259. I am trying to execute /opt/nvidia/jetson-io/jetson-io.py, but seems it can’t get any gui and the program auto exit(maybe because I dont have the imx219?).

By the way, I’m using the CSI2+3 as CAM1 and CSI4 as CAM2, so the CSI0 D1 and CSI1 D0 P/N swizzled issue may not happen to me right?

What should I do next after I change this

I have tried this but seems everything remain the same result.

What I do is:

1. Change csi_chan@0 to channel@0 of tegra234-p3768-0000-a0.dtsi
  2. replace the dtb and boot, then boost all the VI/CSI/ISP clocks
  3. check whether nvgstcapture works
  4. Check the dmesg --follow logs

Everything seems no change

hello EmondCai,

please also follow the steps below to enable VI tracing logs.

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/tracing_on
echo 30720 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/buffer_size_kb
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/tegra_rtcpu/enable
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/freertos/enable
echo 2 > /sys/kernel/debug/camrtc/log-level
echo > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace

you may start with v4l2 standard IOCTLs, and gather the VI tracing logs for reference,
for example,
$ v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=4056,height=3040,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=100

besides, please have disassembler the dtb file into text file, and sharing the file for examination.
for example, dtc -I dtb -O dts -o output.txt tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dtb

Hi @JerryChang !

I Change my dtb from tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dtb to /boot/kernel_tegra234-p3767-0001-p3509-a02.dtb, seems the log have changed:

The dmesg log shows:

The nvgstcapture still not work, and get the same error. Once I execute nvgstcapture, the 39.41fps doesnt show up(even I restart the nvargus-daemon.service) and the dmesg --follow have errors like this

Current output.txt here:
output.txt (421.0 KB)

I appreciate your help!

The result of VI tracing is like this:

this looks like v4l2 standard IOCTLs works.
FYI, each < indicate a success frame capture. is the output frame-rate (i.e. 39-fps) as meet your sensor capability?

BTW.
you may enable VI tracing logs, and gathering the logs after you running camera use-case.

Yes the framerate is 40 for sensor mode 0, I guess 39.41 matches. Does it mean that I can get the video stream through v4l2 now?

The VI logs here:
VITRACING.log (299.4 KB)

hello EmondCai,

as mentioned in previous comment #3, please try enable your i2c@1 camera that’s using CSI-E at the moment.
you may revise tegra-camera-platform as following to leave only i2c@1 enabled for verification.
for example,

tegra-camera-platform {
		compatible = "nvidia, tegra-camera-platform";
		modules {
			module0  {
				badge = "imx577_rear";
				position = "rear";
				orientation = [31 00];

drivernode0 {
					pcl_id = "v4l2_sensor";
					devname = "imx577 10-001a";
					proc-device-tree = "/proc/device-tree/cam_i2cmux/i2c@1/cam_1@1a";
				};
			};
		};

Still need to know what is the “bwmgr API not supported” issue

Okay I will try this, thank you very much

FYI,
you may ignore those messages since bwmgr has disabled for Orin series.

Actually I enable both camera before, and test them with --sensor-id=0 and --sensor-id=1, does it mean that I enable i2c@1 camera?

They both have the same error