Message consumer from Kafka, and display labels with nvdsosd!

Hi there!
I am doing a deepstream app, which sends feature vectors given by SGIE to a Kafka broker and consumes back from that Kafka label of the sent feature vector. Next, the label will be displayed by the nvdsosd plugin.

Is deepstream capable of doing that with bidirectional messaging?

• Hardware Platform GPU
• DeepStream Version 5.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version 7.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 440

HI,
We did support bidirectional messaging.

DeepStream reference application (deepstream-test5-app) can be configured to work as message consumer for cloud messages using Kafka. After parsing the message and based on the content of the message specific action can be triggered. By default, the application prints the received message to the console.

You can create customized metadata using “extMsg” and “extMsgSize”, send to kafka, and Message subscribers can be enabled in test5 application by adding the following group in the configuration file. you need to handle the message sent back for further processing like overlay the lable by osd.
But I am wondering why you send the feature vector to message broker like kafka and sent back for overlaying the lable? we already have the lable shown using osd by nowable design. Will you process further the feature vector from cloud?

@amycao
Thanks for your reply.
you need to handle the message sent back for further processing like overlay the label by osd
Can you give me a hint about that, for example, where(in which plugin or probe function) should I handle it?
So sorry for a dumb question, I am quite new to deepstream.
The reason why should I doing that, we have another service, which is responsible for vector similarity search on the cloud. After searching, the label of the vector will be sent to the deepstream app for overlay the label?

You could refer to this, sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-infer-tensor-meta-test/deepstream_infer_tensor_meta_test.cpp::osd_sink_pad_buffer_probe for how to overlay text/label using OSD.

Thank you so much, let me have a try!