Micro stuttering with nvidia 346.16 beta and GTX 670

Not sure what happened, I already posted this bug apparently somehow flagged it as hidden, and couldn’t change it.

I have just installed the nvidia 346.16 beta drivers on my system and been playing around. I experience global micro stuttering (in games, out of games, etc.) The stuttering appears to happen at fixed ~2-3s intervals and is constant. For example, dragging a window or moving my mouse in circles the stuttering is apparent. Playing timing based games like StepMania becomes problematic due to the stuttering’s consistency.

The stuttering persists no matter the state of the system. I have tried toggling desktop composition, etc and have found nothing affects this.

Here are the relevant log files and information:

journalctl -xn:

-- Logs begin at Wed 2014-10-29 20:04:09 MDT, end at Tue 2014-11-18 20:18:11 MST. --
Nov 18 20:03:00 xaeropc org.blueman.Mechanism[663]: loading Config
Nov 18 20:03:00 xaeropc org.blueman.Mechanism[663]: loading RfKill
Nov 18 20:17:20 xaeropc systemd[8376]: Failed at step USER spawning /usr/bin/modprobed_db: No such process
-- Subject: Process /usr/bin/modprobed_db could not be executed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
-- The process /usr/bin/modprobed_db could not be executed and failed.
-- The error number returned while executing this process is 3.
Nov 18 20:17:20 xaeropc systemd[1]: modprobed_db.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
Nov 18 20:17:20 xaeropc systemd[1]: Failed to start modprobed_db update.
-- Subject: Unit modprobed_db.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
-- Unit modprobed_db.service has failed.
-- The result is failed.
Nov 18 20:17:20 xaeropc systemd[1]: Unit modprobed_db.service entered failed state.
Nov 18 20:17:20 xaeropc systemd[1]: modprobed_db.service failed.
Nov 18 20:18:06 xaeropc sudo[8787]: xaero : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/xaero ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh
Nov 18 20:18:06 xaeropc sudo[8787]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by xaero(uid=0)
Nov 18 20:18:11 xaeropc sudo[8787]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root


uname -r: 3.17.3-3-ck

This is the state after ~20m of uptime. As you can see there is no useful information in dmesg or journalctl - I couldn’t see anything useful in the nvidia-bug-report either. The only thing that has changed on this system is the driver version.

EDIT: Something hiccuped with my post, I have fixed it now.