Micro usb - audio

Hello,

Is it possible to use the micro usb port of the jetson nano 2GB as an analog audio output (using an micro-usb to 3.5 jack (like this one: [micro-usb to 3.5 audio jack]

Thank you for your help
Tsi Napah

Hello!

The micro-USB port can be used for powering and flashing the device. So it cannot be used for audio. However, you may use any of the USB type-A ports for audio.

Regards,
Jon

Thanks for this info. Any documents or web link on how to use micro-USB port for powering the device and flashing the device? It would be awesome to get the documents to try out.

Thank you for your answer.
Would the usb-c port work for sound could ? (I try this because I would like to spare on usb port)

Hello!

Sorry I realise you are asking about Nano 2GB and not Nano, for Nano 2GB it is slightly different. The Nano 2GB is powered via the USB-C port and the micro-USB is used for flashing and device mode. So even for Nano 2GB you cannot use the micro-USB for audio.

Regards,
Jon

Hello,

Yes there is a document here on the different interfaces for the Nano 2GB.

General flashing information for Jetson is available here. Please note that the pin to place the device in recovery mode for flashing is not connected to a physical button on Nano. You will find some details in this document that described where to find the recovery pin. However, the recommended way to flash the Nano 2GB is to use the SD card image.

Regards
Jon

Hello,

The USB-C port is for powering the device. Are you not able to use one of the type-A ports? You could always connect an external hub if you need more USB ports.

Regards,
Jon

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I will go with a USB hub, I have ordered a usb-3.5 jack dongle.

Sincerely,
Tsi

Thanks a ton for providing the Docs links. Its lot easier now to find what I required.