MIPI statistics

Hello,

I have a Jetson Xavier and a custom camera connected to the camera header.

I would like to know if there is a simple way to retrieve statistical information about the MIPI link such as lost packets,etc ?

Thanks in advance

hello Mobilaz,

there’s rtcpu to monitor the camera streaming, if a packet lost it’ll also report some of register failures.
could you please share some details. may I know what’s the expected statistical information you would like to have?
thanks

Hello,

In the Xavier Technical reference manual, there is a section on the lane/frame CRC check at the MIPI (CSI) level as reported below:

Lane/Frame CRC Check
CSI protocol natively supports the line CRC check for all types included in the embedded line packets and pixel
line packets. NVCSI follows the CSI specification v2.0 to implement the standard packet level CRC check.
NVCSI only processes the packet level (line level) information. It doesn’t have any view of the frame, the Frame
CRC is handled by VI or software. When line CRC error is detected, a fault interrupt line asserts to the
hardware safety manager (HSM). The line CRC error can be set to correctable fault or uncorrectable fault by
safety software. The line CRC error means that there is one or more pixels incorrect in a line. Hardware reset is
not required for this error if it’s just a transient error in NVCSI and the next frame is correct from sensor, it can
recover automatically. Software can set a threshold of this CRC error. If the CRC error continues to occur on
multiple lines, this may indicate a problem in the receiver or in the transmission lines and a hardware reset of
NVCSI may be required. This error status is also sent to VI, and the safety software can get error status from
either the NVCSI fault or VI notify.
If all the lines in one frame pass the line CRC check, it means the frame matches the CRC. NVCSI reports the
line CRC check result, but it doesn’t know if the expected lines are received from the sensor. VI has the
capability to check the frame integrity and NVCSI/VI co-work to check the frame CRC.

This section is located at the page 625.

I would like to know how I can check this error and if there is a counter related to this error to compute some statistics ?

Thanks in advance

hello Mobilaz,

those checker were enable by default, and you may contact with your sensor vendor about the details.
please check TRM for the [Packet header footer parser] session in [Chapter-7.2.1 MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI)] for the details descriptions.
you may also check the register, for example, NVCSI_STREAM_0_PH_CHK_CTRL_0 for CRC and ECC checking controls.
thanks