Missing NV_WORKSPACE blocks Ubuntu Software Updater

Hi,
NV_WORKSPACE is faced the delemma of visiblity on SYSTEM or USER level.
If on SYSTEM level, such as put NV_WORKSPACE=/path in /etc/environment, then what’s about multi-users?
If on USER level, what’s about other softwares which need to sudo privilege? e.g. Ubuntu offical Software Updater.

But please don’t ask user input NV_WORKSPACE path at least. You can warning users and refuse to config/update/run if NV_WORKSPACE is missing or the path is not existed.

In short, please don’t set NV_WORKSPACE interactively.

Dear @Keelung,
May I know when you see the highlighted message in picture like installation of what package on host or target?

Also, please use text messages instead of pictures to be able search by others in community

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,
OK. It’s on host: Ubuntu 20.04.5

Dear @Keelung,
Are you installing the DRIVE OS 6.0.4 on host manually? If so, may I know why you are not using sdkmanager? We recommend to use sdkmanager manager for installation and flashing.

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,
If what I understand isn’t wrong, SDK Manager 1.8.3 can’t handle PDK? I compared the count of packages in PDK and SDK, they are 60 vs 30 almostly

Dear @Keelung,
Are you using DRIVE OS 6.0.4 PDK and not devzone release?

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,
I’m trying to install DOS PDK deb packages. But have no idea about devzone.

Update:
I notice that SDK Manager 1.8.4 for Drive released on 10/11/2022, almost just now

Hi @Keelung
PDK isn’t supported throught the forum. If you have PDK access, you should get support throught other channel.
If you’re not aware of the channel, please contact your nv representative. Thanks.

Hi @VickNV ,
It’s not about PDK. NV_WORKSPACE is not only used in PDK. It’s right?

You can check other SDKs, which even beyond nvidia and depend env variables, are they ask users input manually?

The POINT is, do not set NV_WORKSPACE interactively. Sicne it will block other scripts and applications, such as ubuntu official software center.

Dear @Keelung,
Do you notice the same when you flash using sdkamanager instead of manual debian installation. Please check using sdkamanager