Missing Symbols from OpenGL GLUT Utility Library Compiler Error

Hello,

i`m getting 6 Compiler Errors. And i dont know how to fix them. They are all the same:

kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol “__imp____glewBufferData”.
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol “__imp____glewBindBuffer”.
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol “__imp____glewGenBuffers”.
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol “__imp__glewIsSupported”.
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol “__imp__glewGetErrorString”.
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol “__imp__glewInit”.

They are part of the OpenGL GLUT Utility Library (I guess?). I dont know how to integrate these missing symbols into my machine. I`m running Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Edition.

Can anybody tell me, how to include those symbols or where i can find a file to integrate it into the MS VS 2010 IDE? I need this OpenGL to get to work to visualize some computational fluid dynamics data…

Hi,

i fixed it. To get rid of these errors you have to add an additional dependency for “glew32.lib” in MS VS 2010. Go this way: “Project” -> “Properties” -> “Linker” -> “Additional Dependencies” -> Add “Glew32.lib”.

Unfortunately i got a new error now, if compiling to release version:

“The procedure entry point glewIsSupported could not be located in the dynamic link library glew32.dll”.

Then the compiler stops…

What to do???