i am trying to install the NVIDIA/MELLANOX drivers from
- MLNX_EN-5.7-18.104.22.168/mlnx-en-5.7-22.214.171.124-rhel9.0-x86_64.iso for
- ConnectX-5 EN (pure ethernet),
on CentOS9 or RockyLinux 9.0
but the included evaluation script “is_kmp_compat.sh” is always failing when attempting to install the packages according to the guide on “https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/MLNXENv571020/Installing+MLNX_EN”.
Core error message:
error: /mnt/RPMS: read failed: Is a directory (21)
- wget … MLNX_EN-5.7-126.96.36.199/mlnx-en-5.7-188.8.131.52-rhel9.0-x86_64.iso [abbreviated because not allowed more then 1 link per post]
- mount -o ro,loop mlnx-en-5.7-184.108.40.206-rhel9.0-x86_64.iso /mnt
- cd /mnt
- bash --debug is_kmp_compat.sh --path /mnt/RPMS --kernel $(uname -r)
- error: /mnt/RPMS: read failed: Is a directory (21)
I drilled down to where the procedure breaks:
$RPM -i --nodeps --notriggers --noscripts --root $tmpdir "$fff"
Attempting to reproduce it:
rpm -vv --test --nodigest --nosignature -i --nodeps --notriggers --noscripts --root /tmp/kmp_check.a6cssCN /mnt/RPMS ufdio: 1 reads, 17654 total bytes in 0.000009 secs D: ============== /mnt/RPMS error: /mnt/RPMS: read failed: Is a directory (21) ufdio: 1 reads, 0 total bytes in 0.000002 secs error: /mnt/RPMS cannot be installed D: added source package  D: found 1 source and 0 binary packages D: Exit status: 1
I doublechecked for the presence of ACLs, SELinux labels or filesystem permissions.
Also tried directories outside of “/tmp” and “/mnt”.
But nothing helped the problem.
I just want to make sure the evaluation skript would not indicate incompatibility for the wrong reasons…
Has anyone an idea what actually is the problem?
Any idea would be highly appreciated.