MNVR Kit ‐ Stops working at Vehicle due to the below ( Bash ) Issues and unable to perform the soft shutdown ,bash‐4.4#

Hi Friends,

Request anyone to provide me solution for the below said problem and this woul be really grateful.

**Nature of problem **

MNVR Kit Stops working at Vehicle due to the below ( Bash ) Issues and unable to perform the soft shutdown

bash: cannot set terminal process group ( ‐1) : inappropriate ioctl for device

bash: no job control in this shell

bash‐4.4#
Photo of the Problem:

Corrective Action Taken: Re-flashed Jet Pack 4.5-b129 in the existing Jetson Nano SOM as per the below solutions as provided by experts in NVIDIA forum ,
Output Result:

After re-flashing the jet pack ,bash 4.4 # gone and we are facing I/O error as mentioned below screen shot, we are trying to simulating the possible causes ,
Meantime I have searched solutions in the forum ,then I have identified below solutions ( link )provided by Nvidia experts,
Output Image:

hello ramesh,

may I know the storage types, is this Jetson Nano with internal eMMC, or using external SD?

Hi Jerry Chang,
Thanks for you response,
Please note that the Jetson Nano SOM is having internal eMMC, OS Stored in : SSD ( 128 GB ), Video Recording device : HDD - 2TB.
Request you to revert in case of any further clarifications required

hello ramesh,

FYI, https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetson-modules#storage_note

so, you’re using a customize board, right?
may I know what’s the exact steps to reproduce such I/O errors. and… what’s the failure rate?

Dear JerryChang,
Thanks ,
We are using customized Carrier board,
However we are just now started the service -repair for this products and it was installed very recently.
Right now we are facing this I/O error in one number of unit.

hello ramesh,

let’s narrow down the issue.
could you please check system still working fine without external storages?

[Processing: Test Trials after removal of external storage.pdf…]
Dear Jerry Wang,
Thanks for your response,
Please find the attached inputs related to the trials conducted after removal of External storge devices.
Regards,
Ramesh

hello ramesh,

sorry, I did not see any attachments. could you please double check your upload progress.

Test Trials after removal of external storage.pdf (722.8 KB)

Sorry for the inconvenience. please refer the attachment.

hello ramesh,

the error should caused by inappropriate ioctl for device.
is it possible to setup a serial console to gather complete bootloader logs for checking boot-up failure?

Hi Jerry Wang,
Thanks for your inputs,
I will let check as per your advice and revert with results

kern.log (1.2 MB)
Hi, Jerry Wang,
Please find the attached bootloader logs for your analysis.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Ramesh

hello ramesh

did you setup a serial console? it should contain bootloader logs but I only see kernel messages for several reboot cycles.

Dear Jerry Chang,
Thanks for your feedback,
We will do as per the latest instructions and share the required details to you .
Thanks & Best Regards,
Ramesh

boot.logs (66.4 KB)
bootlogs_10feb (747.8 KB)
Dear Jerry Chang,
Please find the attached boot loader log files for your information.
Thanks,
Ramesh

hello ramesh,

your system stay alive due to kernel still reporting display related logs.
for example,

[ 3658.155881] tegradc tegradc.0: nominal-pclk:148500000 parent:148500000 div:1.0 pclk:148500000 147015000~161865000
[ 3658.155972] tegradc tegradc.0: hdmi: tmds rate:148500K prod-setting:prod_c_hdmi_75m_150m
[ 3658.156983] tegradc tegradc.0: hdmi: get YCC quant from EDID.
[ 3658.191858] extcon-disp-state extcon:disp-state: cable 47 state 1
[ 3658.191861] Extcon AUX1(HDMI) enable

however,
there’re exceptions reported by mnvr. you may dig into your implemeation.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.